FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advertising via sail numbers? 55

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 67>
Author
Sheetpuller View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sheetpuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 10:49am
If they do, then I hope somebody enters a protest under rule 69.  Anybody showing such blatant disregard for rules which are taken for granted by organisers and competitors alike deserves to have their name dragged through the mud.  Speed seem to think that there is not such thing as bad publicity; maybe it would take rule 69 to convince them otherwise.
I'm not arguing. I'm explaining why I'm right.

Merlin Rocket 3488 - 'Carrera'.

fudheid View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote fudheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 10:57am
Surely if they take part at the perisher someone will protest them if they use the sails, thereby negating the need for a witch hunt (although this has been very enjoyable)
Cheers you

only me from over the sea......
pondmonkey View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:02am
Originally posted by fudheid

Surely if they take part at the perisher someone will protest them if they use the sails, thereby negating the need for a witch hunt (although this has been very enjoyable)

If they use those sails, I'm suspecting that even if no one protests them on the day, someone could well after the event...  Confused
GarethT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GarethT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:12am
Originally posted by pondmonkey

If they use those sails, I'm suspecting that even if no one protests them on the day, someone could well after the event...  Confused

Given the publicity this issue now has, if no-one protests on the day the conclusion I would draw would be that the people it actually concerns (the other competitors) are much less bothered about it than this forum is, so why anyone would think it their business to protest after the event is beyond me.
olly_love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote olly_love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:18am
i would be very careful about protesting under rule 69, and the two guys racing the fireball are semi pro, according to their site, so they could get bined from any isaf event, i would only rule 69 them if when questioned they deniy anything or have a bad attitude about it
TWO FRANK-Hunter Impala

olly_love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote olly_love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:24am
x

Edited by olly_love - 14 Feb 13 at 3:13pm
TWO FRANK-Hunter Impala

rb_stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rb_stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:24am
If they were truly Pro sailors they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them. Whether we like it or not the best/most talented sports people set the standards for the sport. Showing what is increasingly looking like blatant disregard for fellow sailors says you don't deserve to be a pro sailor. A little bit of contrition from them and their sponsors would go a long way.
rb_stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rb_stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:34am
Originally posted by GarethT

Originally posted by pondmonkey

Given the publicity this issue now has, if no-one protests on the day the conclusion I would draw would be that the people it actually concerns (the other competitors) are much less bothered about it than this forum is, so why anyone would think it their business to protest after the event is beyond me.

We do have the problem that people don't like to be the bad guy and protest. Look at the stick that Alex Thomson got for protesting in the Vendee Globe, enough to put anyone off.
JimC View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:36am
Originally posted by olly_love

as the "race comittee" can protest the competitior over a breach of the SIS

That's the trouble. I'm not sure the RC can protest over a breach of SIs at this distance. I fear the only action open to the RC now, should they wish to take action, is a Rule 69 hearing, and that can be a very big deal indeed.
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 13 at 11:47am
Dear all

I will be posting a clarification on a couple of matters raised on this thread later today - I hope it will clear up a few things. In the meantime I'd really appreciate it if people could calm down a bit as things have certainly become heated and it's causing me quite a bit of grief.

From my understanding of things, a combination of misunderstandings have escalated into quite a big deal.

Thank you in advance for taking a deep breath before posting.

Best Regards, Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 67>