FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 years later

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
H2 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote H2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 18 at 4:09pm
We have a 300 at our pond, as soon as it gets beyond a F3 it just lies on its side and he swims about till he gets tired and bored and then they take him back to the shore for an early shower. I am sure that they can be sailed but.....
H2 #115
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 18 at 4:19pm
......they can't not consistently, not across all wind speeds, certainly not across all water conditions another 90's Emperor's new boat
maxibuddah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 18 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by iGRF

......they can't not consistently, not across all wind speeds, certainly not across all water conditions another 90's Emperor's new boat

Not by you anyway. I've seen them in all winds and sea and good sailors Mage them look easy. I was ok in one on flat water but I never really got the hang of the waves like some. That was cos of me, not the boat
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 18 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by H2

We have a 300 at our pond, as soon as it gets beyond a F3 it just lies on its side and he swims about till he gets tired and bored and then they take him back to the shore for an early shower. I am sure that they can be sailed but.....

Nice guy though, if itís the same chap!  A well sailed 300 is a sight to behold in windy weather mind.... they really are fantastic dinghies, if a little misunderstood.
getafix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote getafix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 18 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by jeffers

All those 300 pics could easily be lasers, I have pulled off every one of them at various points.

+1 the yoofs pull those and more in Toppers ... lets get onto a more meaningful page of debate pls
Dangerousday View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dangerousday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 18 at 4:10pm
Quite possibly been on here before but for those who find an RS300 challenging  - Raider.
And it also comes with a built in insulated box, for cold beverages, or quite possibly for keeping a between race pie warm. Why do Phantoms not have these?
Image result for raider dinghy
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 18 at 4:26pm
That is 91kg hull weight though a 300 is 58 and a D Zero 43 so it's probably not a fair comparison (through that probably makes it a bit less frisky than a 300  Wink)
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Dangerousday View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dangerousday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 18 at 10:12pm
It is a heavy thing.
But you could have a case of beer, with ice, in the box and it would still weigh less than a Finn.
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 18 at 10:15pm
Import one from the US? Ouch!
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 18 at 10:16pm
It would have to be a pretty small case of beer by the time you added the ice.....
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>