FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tie your boats down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Villan View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 4:36pm
I'm glad we have lots of trees / hedges round our boat park ... keeps us quite protected.

But ... just after the racing, our anemometor picked up a gust of over 35 knts ... and it underreads by quite a bit!

A small tree fell over during the racing as well .. kinda worried me a bit.
Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
Contender 541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender 541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 6:43pm

Nothing damaged in the dinghy park this morning, but a (shielded) gust of 30.5 knots on the anemomenter recorded over night

One boat written off this afternoon after sailing though - Flying fifteens do make a bit of a mess when t-boning each other (holed and partially ripped the deck off)

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's probably best not to stir it - Pointy Haired Boss

Crew on 505 8780

craig-m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craig-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Contender 541

One boat written off this afternoon after sailing though - Flying fifteens do make a bit of a mess when t-boning each other (holed and partially ripped the deck off)

MMMM...yh...dad's not to impressed!!!
LOL

RS300 406DERBYSHIRE YOUTH SAILING
Burton Sailing CLub
Sailing: The only sport that's called off for nice weather
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 7:38pm
85kts, beat that!
Needs to sail more...
Rob.e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob.e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 8:50pm

At HISC they took a bunch of boats that weren't registered at the club and put them in a line on the causeway several months ago. Still there are a 4000, an ISO, a 14 and a ff15. The 4 tonner and the 14 are more or less sat on the ISO after last nights wind...never moved the ff15 tho

How is it that people can own boats like that, and not even look at them for months on end? It's no wonder they get "liberated" from time to time! Round the back of the club there's a 505 that hasn't been touched for years: such a waste!

timnoyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote timnoyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 9:07pm
Wind moved a laser 4000?! That must have been bloody windy! Think that wins Tom, 85knots wouldn't budge a 4 tonner 
BEARFOOT DESIGN
Cherub 2648 - Comfortably Numb
Lukepiewalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lukepiewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 06 at 9:58pm
I'll need to ask at work tomorrow.... the anemometer is in mph rather than knots...
they did once clock over 120mph....
BBSCFaithfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BBSCFaithfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 8:50am
Yesterday went 9er sailing gusted up to a force 8! But unfortunately it was wind 1, boat 0 as i jumped through a main 
Greatfully Sponsored By
www.allgoodfun.com
Int 14 GBR 1503!!
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 9:43am
I duno our MWF but at 2:30 am we had 55knots in the sheltered berth in soton docks. I also believe that Plymouth had a F11 on sunday morning according to our captain.
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 06 at 3:13pm
yes, i noticed the F11! I went outside and was blown flat on my arse
Needs to sail more...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>