FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tea and Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Offshoretiger View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tea and Coffee
    Posted: 20 Dec 06 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Black no sugar

That's because at home, you're going to look at the thermometer in Celsius. When you're walking down the street, with your gloved hands deep in your pockets, your hat and scarf, an extra-thick wooly jumper and 2 pairs of socks, think to yourself "It's actually 30!" All of the sudden, you're going to feel warmer...  

But if its 30deg then that means is 40deg colder than texas. thats a lot colder.

If i think in Celcius its only about 15deg colder.......

Im confused now 

...yesterday I couldnt spell enginner...now I are one!......
Black no sugar View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 06 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by Offshoretiger

Its a nice 70F here in Texas, home is going to be cold 

That's because at home, you're going to look at the thermometer in Celsius. When you're walking down the street, with your gloved hands deep in your pockets, your hat and scarf, an extra-thick wooly jumper and 2 pairs of socks, think to yourself "It's actually 30!" All of the sudden, you're going to feel warmer...  

Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 06 at 5:08pm

hoody fleece and sailing jacket and I should be good. May get stuck at Gatwick though if this fog is still bad 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 06 at 5:08pm

It's been a crystal-clear, sunny day here! You should come and visit us one day Pierre, the weather's lovely!

Besides, you would see paint on the walls this time.... 

Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 06 at 4:58pm
You're right about the cold.  Very seasonal at the moment and very foggy especially around Gatwick and Heathrow.  Safe journey.  (Better put the ice hockey gear on).
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 06 at 3:32pm

Originally posted by Pierre

I presume you're back in Scotland Lucy ;-)  Is it snowing up there yet ?

Nope, still in Houston yet Pierre, Fly home tomorrow but apparently flights north from Gatwick are all messed up (again)

Its a nice 70F here in Texas, home is going to be cold 

Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 06 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Offshoretiger

nothing can warm you up quicker than a cup of tea after a cold sail. Better tell BBSC to stock up...

Noooooooooooooooooooo

COFFEE!!      

(or hot chocalate. Thats good to. Espesially if your well cold and dont like milk in coffe and dont want your mouth burnt. At that point hot chocalate is very good)  

I presume you're back in Scotland Lucy ;-)  Is it snowing up there yet ?

tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 10:52pm
Tea or coffee with lots and lots of milk and 2 sugars please!
Needs to sail more...
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 10:43pm

nothing can warm you up quicker than a cup of tea after a cold sail. Better tell BBSC to stock up...

Noooooooooooooooooooo

COFFEE!!      

(or hot chocalate. Thats good to. Espesially if your well cold and dont like milk in coffe and dont want your mouth burnt. At that point hot chocalate is very good)  

Edited by Offshoretiger

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 10:36pm

Carshalton, you're giving us a glimpse of the truth - just lose the milk and the  sugars, and there'll be something decent for the morning.

I do like tea as well, and nothing can warm you up quicker than a cup of tea after a cold sail. Better tell BBSC to stock up...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>