FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tea and Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
A Seabadger View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote A Seabadger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tea and Coffee
    Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 2:12pm
It's not Seabadger here but her mum. I've hijacked her screen name as I need to ask you guys an important question.

At our sailing club we run a small tea bar selling tea, coffee and chocolate. The profits from which fund petrol for the safety boats. I have recently started a riot by increasing the price of tea to 35p and coffee to 40p.

I should like to know if this is unreasonable and how much do your local clubs charge?

PS Happy Christmas and good winter sailing.
I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every moment of it.
English Dave View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote English Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 2:22pm
Sounds very reasonable to me. Of course it all depends on the size of the cups and quality of the brew. Which is why I drink Guiness in the winter and Miller in the summer. Sometimes both.
English Dave
Ballyholme Yacht Club

(You'd think I'd be better at it by now)

Hurricane 5.9 SX
RS700
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 3:17pm
Thats resonable to me.

Where I sail the prices are about 40p.

As long as the milk is fresh, the water is hot and the tea/coffee isn't Tesco Value, then they can't complain!!
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 3:27pm

Sounds fine to me.  We pay 50p for tea and 60p for coffee.  They should count themselves luck!!!  Tight fisted so and so's

tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 3:31pm
Yeh that sounds very reasonable to me! As mentioned before, as long as it has milk, sugar and tastes like tea then all should be happy!!!
Needs to sail more...
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 3:40pm
25p for an (admittedly smallish) cup where I sail.
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 3:49pm
its about £1 in the yacht club where i sail i think??
Needs to sail more...
Contender 541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender 541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 3:52pm

40p...

Not saying how much, but direct the complainers to Rutland or Datchett

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's probably best not to stir it - Pointy Haired Boss

Crew on 505 8780

Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 4:59pm

Hiya Seabadger's Mum,

I run the galley at our sailing club and the prices are 40p for a mug of tea and 50p for a Nescafé. We also charge 50p for a hot chocolate or a fizzy drinks can. Compared to other sailing clubs I have visited, this is very much middle-of-the-range.
As radixon and tgruitt have said, people are more encline to pay a little more and get better ingredients.

A couple of years ago, I had to increase prices by 10 to 30p across the whole range: I wrote a poster placed next to the till to explain the price increase and members were very understanding.

Good luck with your lot!

Have a great Christmas in the Seabadger's family and enjoy your sailing!

xxx BnS

FireballNeil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote FireballNeil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 5:51pm
Yeah I think that's a great price compared to anywhere in a town/city or a service station etc. just tell them where to get their tea next time they complain- a thermos flask that they then have to carry around all day and potetially leave at home or in the boat when they leave! hahaha that'll tell em!
Neil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>