FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tea and Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
mike ellis View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mike ellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 6:33pm
i think its 70p for tea and coffee at hill head. the bar prices are very reasonable though .
600 732, will call it Sticks and Stones when i get round to it.
Also International 14, 1318
Lucy Lee View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lucy Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 7:37pm

Hello Mrs Seabadger

while I think the prices you are charging for tea & coffee are perfectly reasonable I'm not sure I agree with putting up the cost of drinks to cover the cost of petrol!

I suppose I feel that 1. it penalizes visitors and non-sailors (who don't use the rescue boat services) and 2. it is rather an uncertain income stream because the sailors could quite easily boycott the drinks! I appreciate that this is highly unlikely given that we are talking about sailors here.

What about charging those who sail a fee for the fuel, and putting up subs / day sailing fees? It is not as if fuel is ever going to go down in price so we are all going to have to get used to paying more for things that use petrol/diesel.

all the best

Lucy

Fly Cherub!
A Seabadger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote A Seabadger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 7:38pm
Thanks everyone. I will stand my ground. A few breezy winter days and they'll be glad that the rescue boat has fuel!

A more pressing problem now is to work out how many days over Christmas Seabadger and myself can abandon the family and go sailing. (I have my mother staying, a non sailing husband and son - but an addicted daughter). I wonder if anyone will believe I "have" to go "shopping" on Christmas eve (and boxing day and the day after). - will they notice the wet sailing gear?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every moment of it.
Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 8:01pm

Try to fake a severe case of synchronised PMT. The boys will know how to recognise the signs and take cover, your mum will be reminded of her younger years and sympathise. You will all spend a wonderful time, being absolutely certain that you're doing a favour to the others.

Besides, a bit of quality time with son and mother-in-law on Christmas Eve (and Boxing Day... ) is quite a treat for a modern, understanding man.

Have fun girls!!  

les5269 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote les5269 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 06 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Lucy Lee

I suppose I feel that 1. it penalizes visitors and non-sailors (who don't use the rescue boat services) .

Lucy

So don't you rescue visitors then?

Back on subject, we pay 75p I think for tea  (I don't drink the coffee so i don't know)

49er 531 & 5000 5025 and a mirror(now gone to mirror heaven)!

Grafham water Sailing Club The greatest inland sailing in the country
Merlinboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 9:06am

40 pennith is more the reasonable, remebr inflation - Thatchers britain and all!!!

If people are winging about the extra 5 pence then lets be fair they are DEFFO in the wrong sport!!  You cant even buy a stainless screw for that!!

I bet the people that winge are the bar sailors, we all know them and every club has them, they sit indoors commenting on everyones boats, how they are sailing, what they are doing wrong.  They also seem to want to give you tips when you come in off the water after just winning a race.

BUT how often do we see them out on the water - never. 

INFACT im gonna start a new thread about bar sailors, lets name and shame them

rogerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 10:07am

Sea badgers mum.

Put it up to 1.50 and start drawing a wage to cover all the voluntary work  you do. Include going shopping for the tea/ coffee, fresh milk on a sunday morning. If you booked all the hours you do even at minimum wage I bet the galley wouldnt make enough to cover the costs.

These people dont realise the amount of work done by the few to keep their club up nd running.

Port End Flyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Port End Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 10:27am
Originally posted by rogerd

These people dont realise the amount of work done by the few to keep their club up nd running.

Could'nt agree more!

Close your eyes and "GO FOR IT!" What else do we pay insurance premiums for?
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 11:23am
We pay 30p per mug of tea of coffee at Hunts and very nice it is too (I have to say that my gf works in the Galley).

Go to grafham though and it is much more expensive (and IMO not as nice).

Just my 2p though, I know where I would rather sail!

Paul
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
Offshoretiger View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Offshoretiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 06 at 3:34pm

I just want to know, why is coffee always more expensive??

why?

WHY?

WHY???? 

tea is

...yesterday I couldnt spell enginner...now I are one!......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>