FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 1313>
Author
andy_cherub View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote andy_cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 5:14pm
Huh hummmm - i can agree with that!!
-12ft skiff, Team 'CST Composites'
-Many thanks goes out to all of my sponsors.
Ignore my user name, my views are of a 12ft skiff
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 5:18pm

awww yeah a mate of mine decided he would capsize in the path of a frigate, in weymouth. Scary moments for all the rescue crew etc, but left us with some intersting stories.  

Also having made a nuclear sub wait till we had finnished raceing to come across the course.  thats cretainly a good story, we can do that but have no power over ferries, hum somethings obviously wrong here.

ssailor View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote ssailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 5:59pm
Once when i was racing in cardiff bay me n my mate tacked in front of a small day trip ferry, got hit by a shift and pulled it over on top of us! scariest thing was the fact it was blowing a 7 and raining so we were glad when he stuck his head up and saw us! fortunately he only had to change course slightly to avoid us!
Any one in need of quality carbon fibre work (tillers etc) at decent prices!

Int 14 Gbr 1244 'Nucking Futs'

The New Port rule!!.
lemeouttahere View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote lemeouttahere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 6:28pm
[/QUOTE]

At the 2003 Contender worlds in Plymouth the race officer stunned everyone by telling us to give any military looking vessels a wide birth as we might get guns pointed at us or even a warning shot across the bows otherwise!

[/QUOTE]

we get that when we sail past the fireing ranges, you hear the wine of the shell then a water spout!

Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 6:46pm
I've had narrow escapes acroos the bows of the steamers at Ullswater!
lemeouttahere View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote lemeouttahere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 7:23pm

i saw a guy i france sailing a topper amoung all these moored yachts in france an he was luffin round the bows of them showin off an he luffed round the bow of a huge cat not noticing an got wiped out an sucked between the hulls

was good spectating

Scooby_simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 7:52pm
Anyone sailed BEHIND a hovercraft. 
Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 8:02pm

at the fast cat race round the isle of wight last year a cat capsized infront of the QE2 HEHE ahhhhhh!!!

lifes to short to sail slow boats!

RIP Olympic Tornado 1976-2007
Mike278 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 05 at 11:19pm
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 05 at 8:31am

Good skills, I give the crew an 8.2 with a possible 9 if he cleared the transom. 

FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 1313>