FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RS100 Prototype

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 92>
Author
robinft View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote robinft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 1:39pm

Looks really pretty - much nicer than the still to be stillborn D-One.

Wings look a little short though. Would be a shame if you couldn't get the back out of the water properly in light air.

Laser number 9
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 1:43pm
Oh and..... sell those Vareo's now folks before the bottom drops out of the market 
Nick Peters View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nick Peters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 1:44pm

Rick - theres a cleat on the boom - not sure about it yet - keeps cockpit clear and you can stay well fwd in light airs tacks and gybes but if you drop it - not so much to hand - tied to centre of kite sheets helps.

This boat has oodles of rocker (comparatively) so the light is no problem. Reckon Uffa Fox knew a thing or two....!

Nick

Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Guest#260

Looks like it's boom sheeted ... how do you cleat the main when dealing with the kite?

theres a cleat on the boom, look close at the cockpit shot.

edit: sorry cross post

Edited by Jack Sparrow
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 1:46pm

Vareo for sail .. who wants one!! I'm only after 7000 for it!

Question to LDC - Will you still be supporting the Vareo even though you have released a DIRECT competitor to the boat? If not, can we get a decent trade-in price and an "Upgrade" package from you towards the price of a new 100?

Theres gonna be a lot of p*ssed off Vareo owners out there now, you realise? Should have hinted to us before the general public so we can get decent resale values. I bet this has instantly knocked ~500 off the price i'd get for mine 2nd hand ..

Vareo - 149 "Secrets"
TandyUK Servers
Ian29937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ian29937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 1:48pm

Originally posted by Iain C

Looks to me like the love child of a 29er and a 300.

....or love child of a 300 and a Vario.  The model I saw at LDC had too much rocker to be a 29er.

What about the name.  To date generally speaking the bigger the RS number the faster the boat.  RS100 doesn't work in that context.  I liked RS350 (reminds me of the Yamaha RD350 we all longed for when I was at school).  Any other thoughts?

Ian

Edited by Ian29937
Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 1:56pm
looks like it started as a cut-and-shut 300 hull in the same way the 700 started as the 800 prototype.  The transom main having to pre-gybe the tiller could be fun with the kite up in some big waves!  And am I right looking at the mainsheet on the transom, no block for the horse? - I thought that was the preserve of toppers?!
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
Daniel Holman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Holman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 2:05pm

Don't reckon thats anything like a 300. The 300 is about a foot wide on the waterline, the 100 looks to be a lot more "conventional" at about 3ft, which you'll all be grateful when trying to hoist in above 15kts.

And then there are the chines.

Looks fairly generic 700/MPS hullform with a little more freeboard and moulded in wings.

Fans1024 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fans1024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 2:06pm
Looks gorgeous.  What's the optimum crew weight?
laser4000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 09 at 2:06pm
any thoughts on whether it'll be any good for us 'ahem' weight equalised sailors..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 92>