FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New GP14 uk Web-site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
maxibuddah View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 10 at 10:34pm
you could also look at it that the members only area is there to encourage people to join the ca to give those that are some added beenfits. What would be the point say of joining a ca if as a non-member you can receive everything that a member can? The only difference would be the participation in class sailing. Most clubs that I know of do not even enforce being a member of a ca for entering a particular class event as they do not want to turn away any potential sailors. There needs to be something for the average sailor to join a ca, otherwise they just won't bother and the ca will wither. Just my tuppence worth. Tuning guides, well should they be available to non-members, who knows the right answer, I'm sure that it will be the subject of much discussion and consensus, hopefully. Surely that guide is probably one of the most important pieces of info you can receive from a ca, should it be accessible to all, or jsut for those that are part of the ca? Any further thoughts on it?
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
andybury View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote andybury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 10 at 10:45pm
Tuning guides are available on the sail makers own websites all we are doing is to make it easier to find in one place. I agree you have to give a member more benefits and that's why we have a members area,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123