FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite boats!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
elessar View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote elessar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite boats!!!
    Posted: 05 Aug 10 at 11:12pm
Everyone post on here what your favourite boat is - single hander and double hander. You can have more than one
favourite boat but don't go OTT and say every single dinghy there is and say they are all your favourite.

To start off my favourite single hander has got to be the RS 300

And my favourite double hander is the 29er.
Its alright to dream

LASER - 102739
RS 300 - 483
BLAZE - 737
NATIONAL 12 - 3436
29ER - 716
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 10 at 11:22pm
For kids - Cadet
For adults - Merlin Rocket

Been tempted by lots of others though...
Merlinboy View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merlinboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 10 at 11:28pm
Single Hander: RS300
Double Hander: I14 & 505 a timeless classic!
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 12:22am

s/h: Tunnel-hull scow Moth

2-man: 3000, or if my crew & I were bigger, 505, or maybe Alto once I've tried it (soon).

Inland sea View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Inland sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 12:48am
Ohh tough one

Single hander RS 300 I just keep going back to it after many other trials. Musto great boat but less tactical and more corner banging, Blaze shame about the many iterations, 700 hated the kite saw(prob should have given it more time)

2 man boat ... good shout Russ ... all though the B14 just takes it in my mind pure simplicity and down to the sailor not the tweaker

3 man easy 18foot skiff the upwind is just mindblowingly quick.
RS300 426 18' SkiffTango Musto 051
B14 644
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 3:24am
Single handed it has to be the RS600 for me...amazing boat so fast and such a challenge to get flying, but so simple.
MikeBz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MikeBz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 8:01am

Originally posted by Inland sea

Ohh tough one

Single hander RS 300 I just keep going back to it after many other trials. Musto great boat but less tactical and more corner banging, Blaze shame about the many iterations, 700 hated the kite saw(prob should have given it more time)

2 man boat ... good shout Russ ... all though the B14 just takes it in my mind pure simplicity and down to the sailor not the tweaker

3 man easy 18foot skiff the upwind is just mindblowingly quick.

Agree on all counts Rich!

Mike

chrisg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chrisg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 8:24am
+2
gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 8:54am
For the quality of the (international) racing : Snipe, Star, Dragon

Boat I'd like to be still fit enough to sail : International 14

For pottering, going fishing (under sail of course) and messing about in boats the French boat Caravelle - surely the most versatile dinghy ever - originally designed as a tender for 9 people, then for sail training, still keenly raced (spinnaker and trapeze) and used as a rescue boat... not bad for a 1950s plywood, hard chine, pram bowed dinghy.

Gordon
Gordon
GarethT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GarethT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 10 at 10:19am

s/h: OK - lovely to sail, lovely to look at. You really get out what you put in.

d/h: was 505, but now 420 as I can sail it with my 8 year old on the wire in a blow and we both have a hoot (plus it only cost 400 - wins hands down on bangs for bucks).

Edited by GarethT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>