FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dear Dave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 77>
Author
Just Me!! View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Just Me!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 05 at 7:02pm

Just put non slip material in between or if that fails a 49er wing!  Oh n glad u r coming bak dave

When We Are Sailing Downwind See The Wind In My Hair As I Roll You And Wave Goodbye!!
A Seabadger View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote A Seabadger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 05 at 9:22pm
Dear Dave

None of the men in my family will sail. So me and my Mum leave them every weekend to go sailing. The problem is they have started to notice. How do we disguise the fact that we are never at home anymore?

Seabadger
I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every moment of it.
bigwavedave View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 05 at 10:46pm

What do you mean you leave the men folk behind.  Of course they will notice your not there.  I bet the house is a tip, the ironing is piling up and they are hungry.  If you and your Mum aren't there who will care for them?

I think the best thing you can do is limit your sailing to Sundays, giving your Mum plenty of time on Saturday to do the house work.  And rather than leave the heads of the household at home on Sunday, take them to the sailing club with you and leave them in the bar. 

I hope this helps.

Dave.

big man is back View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote big man is back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 2:55pm
dear dave im 19 and looking for a competetive boat. i sail on a 36 acre lake and the people at my sailing club are pushing me towards a solo. i like the class. it buldges in competitvness. but it has somewhat of a reputation of being an old mans boat. what should i do?
maybe theres more to life than being really really really really..........really good looking
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 4:45pm

Originally posted by turnturtle

Deer Dave Im finking bout changing carears and wont to try my hand at yotting jernalisam-  do you fink  yots and youting would give me sum work experiance! Ive been well edukated and got wicked results at skool- miss sed i schud do riting as my rithmatik is not so good- i am currently werkin as cheif safty ofica at sizewell nuclear power stacion and i like seeing boats from my winder at t break.

i asslo like sailing cos once when i was sailing at center park  i met a nice girl and she seyd i wood do okay if i got some training from the arghhweyayy. wots the arghweyayy it like life-boats club in newcastle?

Gracious me! You as well chap.  Nice to know that you have the communications skills for the job..... At least 50% of the board will understand this post with no problem at all and wonder what the heck I'm on about. 

Still, we'll await his BigWaveDavenesses answer. (Or the oracle to his mates) (evidently) (well actually, actually)

A Seabadger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote A Seabadger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 5:12pm
Thanks Dave. I'm sure Mum will love that theory.
I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every moment of it.

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 6:52pm

Deer Dave Im finking bout changing carears and wont to try my hand at yotting jernalisam-  do you fink  yots and youting would give me sum work experiance! Ive been well edukated and got wicked results at skool- miss sed i schud do riting as my rithmatik is not so good- i am currently werkin as cheif safty ofica at sizewell nuclear power stacion and i like seeing boats from my winder at t break.

i asslo like sailing cos once when i was sailing at center park  i met a nice girl and she seyd i wood do okay if i got some training from the arghhweyayy. wots the arghweyayy it like life-boats club in newcastle?

I think you have the necessary skills for journalism.  However I think that you are looking in the wrong area. If you look out of your window in front of the boats on the bank will be girls.  you obviously like girls. My choice of informative media 'THE DAILY SPORT' has lots of articles about girls in it, but more importantly pictures. I suggest that you study a copy, this will give you some helpful guidlines in your new career. Now then, good old Y&Y would sell a lot more copies if it contained a lot more girlies.

Mr Turtle, the future of Y&Y is in your hands, I think you know what you have to do.

For you last dilema fortunately I am fluent in several foreign languages, especially Geordie.  The girl was indicating that you need help from the RYA. 

I am not sure about the RYA being able to help you, But it would appear from your posts that you are certainly in need of some help.

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 6:54pm

Originally posted by A Seabadger

Thanks Dave. I'm sure Mum will love that theory.

Glad to be of service

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 6:55pm

Originally posted by Pierre

Still, we'll await his BigWaveDave... Or the oracle to his mates

So Big Wave Dave is the oracle- you mean he comes along to your office, tells you that your computers are rubbish; sells you a six-figure database (essential update apparently) and once you've just 'gone live' you find it's full of bugs and crashes your system architecture all around you... p.s.he's left holding a lucrative maintanence contract just assist uncle sam's passion for very expensive yachts....

Correct

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by big man is back

dear dave im 19 and looking for a competetive boat. i sail on a 36 acre lake and the people at my sailing club are pushing me towards a solo. i like the class. it buldges in competitvness. but it has somewhat of a reputation of being an old mans boat. what should i do?

It buldges because it usually has a fat old man sailing it. I think that the class rules may actually prevent you from sailing a soslo.

1) You have to be 976 years old.

2) You have to own and wear a blue canvas type hat with a peak

3) You must have a beard with grey flecks in it

3) You must smoke a pipe which you MUST attempt to light on the start line with 30 secs. to the start remaining.

I suggest you join another club.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 77>